Microsoft's text editor
Microsoft Office has become a standard thanks to the fact that it's the most popular and used office suite around the world. Among the tools that are part of this pack we have to mention the renowned Excel, PowerPoint and, obviously, the text processor Word.
The perfect solution to create, edit and enrich documents
It's the reference writing tool as it comes along with a wide range of functions and features that allow us to work fluidly with everything that has to do with preparing a written document. Microsoft Word is, all in all, the Alpha and the Omega of text processors. Its compatibility with the most used formats and its simplicity and flexibility in creation and editing tasks make it a leading application.
Any application that works with documents opens the program's native DOC format.
- Write documents from scratch.
- Reading mode to avoid distractions.
- Apply different formats.
- Add different elements such as images, tables and charts.
- Automatically corrects grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Compatible with ODF (OpenDocument Format) files used in free office suites.
- Carry out internal or online content searches.
- Work in real-time collaborative mode.
- Receive recommendations about the work you're carrying out.
- Insert maths equations with the pencil mode.
- Synchronize your work with OneDrive.
- Support for PDF editing.
Word 2016 encourages online teamwork
What you've read until now are some of the general features that we all expect from this program. However, if it continues to be the favorite software for millions of users it's because Microsoft has worked to adapt its features to how we work nowadays, both in the professional, educational and domestic scopes.
A tool present at schools, homes and offices.
We're continuously connected to the Internet so it sounds fair to encourage this aspect in any program, and Word wasn't going to be any less. That's why it has included file synchronization with OneDrive in order to grant reading and writing permissions with other users. Therefore, if you work collaboratively you'll always have access to the most recent version of the document. And all the latter, with space to add comments and replies, so that all member of the team can get to know what design, contents and format modifications have been carried out.
However, the history version allows us to recover documents before any changes were made, therefore, if there were an error, you can always recover a previous version.
You can download a free trial version, but signing up for Office 365 and providing your credit card details... In any case, you just might end up finding this subscription method interesting as you'll always have the latest updates online ready to be downloaded.
- This trial version lasts for a month days but requires that you provide personal payment details.
- Runs on Windows 7 and above.
- You must have a Windows Live account to get a product key here.
The best text processor on Android
Microsoft's text processor in its version for iPhone